Sunday 6 December 2009

Descriptive Writing Exercises

I've finished the first 4 exercises in Project 4, life has conspired against me in a number of ways to ensure this took longer than anticipated.

The final exercise is to review and redraft the previous exercises, presumably improving them as I go along, time will tell on that one.

Re-reading the first exercise, as I noted in the last post, the work is of a technical nature, with little evidence of creativity, I believe that this has improved gradually over the four exercises, and if I'm correct, will mean that each one will need less work than the previous one.

Again, time will tell

So far with the content of this course, I have been able to see both the intent of the exercises and also the improvement in my own work as I go through them. This has made the work easy to stick with (I'm intrinsically lazy and struggle to motivate myself for what I see as pointless exercises) and of course beneficial. I'm a little concerned about the next project though as it concentrates on poetry. Apart from the odd smutty limerick, this branch of writing is completely outside my comfort zone, and if I'm honest, outside the scope of my interest too.

No comments:

Post a Comment