Sunday 13 December 2009

Finally .....

Project 5 is complete, the last exercise involved describing the movement of an animal through poetry, and recommended not using domestic pets. Not having access to a wild animal, I settled down with David Attenborough and his very thoughtful slow motion filming, made a few notes, learned a few things about bats and hummingbirds, and ended up with notes on the movement of elephants, penguins and the albatross.

In closing out the exercise I knocked up a quick 8 liner on the big bird which threatened to rhyme at one point, but faded at the last, which I am secretly pleased about. The elephant notes were poor to be frank, but the penguin ones have plenty of substance which may warrant a return visit at some point.

I dont believe I learned anything new in this final exercise, for me it was more about maintaining the development of the all seeing eye for detail. Or have I missed the point?

Looking over project 6, it appears to be a development of project 4 (introducing descriptive text by writing what is seen) this time bringing in the other four senses, so I expect I'll be walking around for the next week licking and touching things.

No comments:

Post a Comment