Thursday 10 December 2009

Poetry Saga Continues

Project 5 is proving a challenge, poetry is most definitely not my forte. I've struggled through to exercise 5, so only one more to go before I get a little respite.

What have I learned? the strength of alliteration and assonance in providing both emphasis and rhythm to a piece, that poetry isn't just about getting moon to rhyme with June, that my own preference, if I have one, is for short sharp lines rather than wordy meanderings, and that even just getting moon to rhyme with June is remarkably difficult.

3 comments:

  1. Moon with June - too soon
    To be doing this rhyme
    Who'd have thought
    Time could pass so slowly
    December...

    Told you I was rubbish at poetry; you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be over the moon
    If I finish my course by June!

    :-)
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark change slowly to quickly and you've got a winner
    Mary hello :)

    ReplyDelete